I was invited to be a part of Beauty Blogger headquarters and this is the first task where I have to answer certain questions to introduce myself.
- How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in February. So, it’s been nine months. If I were pregnant, now I would give birth!
- What/who inspired you to start blogging?
It happened suddenly. I had no idea what a blog was. In fact, when I started this blog I hadn’t been on the Internet for a long time. I had spent many sleepless nights with my baby son and when he stopped waking up at night I suppose I was used to not sleeping properly and I found another reason to stay up until late!
- Did you tell your family and friends about your blog? If so, what was their reaction? Are they supportive or “in the dark” about your blogging?
Of course I talk about it all the time. When I told my dad I had started a blog he replied to me that he had five of his own! My dad is crazy about technology, so he was one of my first supporters. My mum doesn’t really understand what we do all the time in front of the computer. It drives her crazy! My husband helps me every time I destroy something, but he doesn’t like that I stay up late. I don’t know about my friends, maybe they are fed up with me talking about it all the time.
- What goals or dreams did you have for your blog when you started? Have you accomplished them?
When I started the blog I didn’t even expect people to read it. Now I have more goals about it. I am satisfied so far, but I want more!
- If you could give your beginner-blogger-self one tip of advice, what would it be?
I am still a beginner and every day I learn something new. Like in my real life I need some time to open myself and I noticed I did the same on the blog. At the beginning I used to write a little more formal and I was afraid to be funny.
- What is your favorite and least favorite thing about being a blogger?
A negative aspect of blogging is that it requires a lot of my time. It’s difficult to do everything in 24 hours!
What I love is the friends I’ve made. And I love reading the comments on my blog. I don’t have many girlfriends and it’s nice to talk with other girls every day.
- What does your blog name mean? How did you decide on it?
I came up with different names, but most of them were taken. My husband helped me find the name ‘Beauty and the Mist’ and I love it.
Thank you Krystal for inviting me!