- Dark spots or pigmentation on the face can be a result of various factors like sun damage, aging, acne, or skin infections.
- To tackle dark spots, you need soothing and brightening ingredients that reduce inflammation and remove dead skin.
- You can easily find some of these ingredients in your kitchen that are perfect for DIY remedies for dark spots.
- Some of the best home remedies for blemished or pigmented skin use ingredients like turmeric, papaya, rice flour, walnut powder, and honey.
- These home remedies may instantly brighten your skin and fade spots when using them regularly.
- For stubborn pigmentation, you can pair these home remedies with creams containing depigmentation ingredients.
Introduction – What Causes Spots On The Skin?
Dark spots or pigmentation on the skin can be a result of various factors. Spots can be caused by sun damage, aging, or reactions to some medications. They can also result in inflammation, which may occur due to acne, eczema, or psoriasis. Another common cause of spots on the face is irritation due to a skincare product or makeup. Further, even wound healing can result in pigmentation or spots on the face.
As you can see, spots on the skin may cause a variety of reasons. To combat them, you need a combination of anti-inflammatory and skin-lightening ingredients. There are various effective natural remedies for dark spots that you can try at home. Here are some home remedies that you need to include in your skincare routine for clearer skin.
5 Natural Home Remedies To Clear Up Your Skin
- Papaya Mask – Studies indicate that papaya may speed up wound healing and reduce inflammation on the skin. Since these are the primary causes of spots on the face, a papaya face mask can help clear up your skin. For your homemade papaya face mask, mix 1/4th cup of ripe papaya pulp with one tablespoon of milk. Apply this mixture to your face and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off the face mask after 10 minutes. Your skin will look brighter and softer instantly. With regular use, 2-3 times a week, this face mask will lighten spots for clearer skin.
- Walnut Scrub – One of the most effective clear skin tips is to exfoliate your skin regularly. Homemade walnut scrub is a potent exfoliant that will remove dullness, dead skin, and dark patches caused by sun exposure. For this scrub, mix one tablespoon of ground walnuts in 1/4th cup of yogurt.
The walnut particles will act as a physical scrub while the yogurt contains lactic acid, a chemical exfoliant. Massage this scrub on your face with gentle circular motions and leave it on for 15 minutes. After rinsing off, you will notice that your skin looks clearer and brighter than before.
- Rice Flour Pack – Rice flour is an excellent ingredient to include in your skincare routine. It contains niacin, a skin-loving vitamin that reduces inflammation, wrinkles, and pigmentation. It also acts as a gentle physical scrub that is even suitable for sensitive skin. To prepare a rice flour face pack, mix 1/4th cup of rice flour in 1/4th cup of milk. Apply the mixture to your face and rinse it off after 10 minutes. You can use this face pack daily for brighter, clearer skin. You can even use it on your arms and legs if needed.
- Turmeric – According to studies, turmeric is a promising skincare ingredient that tackles inflammation and infection. Hence, it can tackle the various root causes of skin spots to clear up your skin. You can mix one teaspoon of turmeric in 1/4th cup of yogurt and use it as a face pack on alternate nights. Use a gentle cleanser after removing the face pack to get rid of the yellow stain of the turmeric. Alternatively, you can add 1/4th teaspoon of turmeric to warm milk and consume it every night for brighter skin.
- Honey – Honey is another ingredient that features many clear skin tips. It has antimicrobial properties that fight infection. It also has gentle exfoliants that remove pigmentation and dead cells while moisturizing the skin. You can use honey on its own as a face mask to clear up the skin. Alternatively, you can mix it with aloe vera gel and create a soothing face mask. You can even add honey to the DIY remedies mentioned above for added benefits.
Which Skincare Products Can Fade Skin Spots?
For stubborn pigmentation, blemishes, or dark spots, you can use an OTC cream along with home remedies. Look for ingredients proven to reduce pigmentation, such as niacinamide and kojic acid. Musely The Spot Cream is a product that contains these ingredients along with hyaluronic acid for hydration and Octisalate for sun protection. It also contains hydroquinone, which helps with pigmentation but may not suit everyone. Thus, the ingredient list of this cream has products that tackle sun damage, pigmentation, and wrinkles.
According to customer reviews, the cream has helped users by reducing pigmentation, dark spots, and wrinkles. You can consult your dermatologist to check whether this cream is suitable for you.
Dark spots on the face are almost inevitable, given how they are caused by various environmental and health factors. You may be struggling with spots and blemishes due to sun damage, acne, inflammation, skin infections, or aging. To tackle these spots, you need ingredients that may help reduce pigmentation, calm inflammation, and renew the skin. Many such ingredients are often present in your kitchen. Hence, you can try effective home remedies to clear your skin.
Some people may suffer from severe pigmentation or stubborn dark spots due to various skin conditions. To tackle these, you may need targeted skincare products together with home remedies. Look for products with depigmentation ingredients like niacinamide and kojic acid. Musely The Spot Cream is one such product that you can try. With the help of these simple home remedies and a well-curated skincare regimen, you can get rid of dark spots and pigmentation. So, try out these tips for spotless, radiant skin.