At the beginning of 2014 I was determined to make some changes and decided to write down my resolutions for the new year.
I think now it’s a good time to check if I have managed to keep any of the promises I gave myself.
Reading my old post I am happily surprised to discover that I have been good and have accomplished a lot of them.
In purple you can see what I had written last year here.
1. For the first time in my life I have gained extra weight. It’s been 3 months since I gave birth and there are eleven (+1 don’t tell anyone) kilos which are stuck on me. So, I promise to take care of my figure. As I have always been skinny while I ate everything I liked I’m not used to going on a diet, so I will try to achieve it in different ways.
Yes, yes, yes! There are only 3 kilos left! In Spring I dedicated less time on blogging and more time on exercising and walking as much as I could. But I still have a lot of work. I need to find time again to work out because my belly is loose. As I had written then I didn’t try any diet.
2. When I wonder why I can’t lose weight the first answer I give myself is that I don’t do anything about it. I eat too much chocolate and junk food instead. I should try and cut down on all these unhealthy treats, but not really to lose weight, but to protect my health. I know I’m not going to start eating vegetables and salads, but I could at least stop eating my son’s biscuits. Every week we buy about three packets of them, but I eat all of them in three days. So, when my son asks me to give him a biscuit he can’t believe we don’t have any and he makes me open the cupboard and all the jars he knows I keep them.
Ha ha! I just read my old post while I was eating the kids’ biscuits! Some things will never change. I hope I don’t regret it, but I continue consuming tons of chocolate!
3. Walk, walk, walk! I’ve always loved walking. I like walking around our area, but I also walk inside the house. As a student instead of sitting on my desk to do my homework, I used to walk around my room with my books in my hands. I never stopped walking until last summer. Even being pregnant I walked for about a quarter to take my son to a park far from our house and then back home. Now we are sitting at home as the weather is too cold to take the baby out. So, I can only walk in the house when I hold the baby.
I keep walking! I walk whenever I have the chance, I use the stairs and not the elevator when I am without the kids and I prefer to walk to the supermarket to buy some milk instead of going to the corner shop in my street. I enjoy walking and it really helps.
4. I won’t cut my hair. I always say that I’ll grow my hair, but I end up with a short bob haircut. This time I am determined to have long hair and I’ll take care of it.
Yes, I made it and now what? I kept my promise, but I don’t do anything to make my hair look nice. I don’t know how I have resisted having a short bob haircut. I’m thinking of getting rid of all this mess around my head. My fear is that after I have cut my hair I may realise that the problem was my face and not my hair!
5. I’ll find time to read more books. In the past I used to read books only when Ι was on my summer break from work. Now I don’t devote any time on that. One of the reasons is I usually find time to read when I go to bed and as soon as I start reading I fall asleep!
It’s time I read Bridget Jones’ book and so many other books we have in our bookcase.
6. I’ll go to bed earlier. Ιt’s so hypocritical to promise this while I’m sick and I’m still in front of my laptop at 0:45. But I have to try!
It is impossible! I feel like I have been cursed to go to bed only after 2 a.m. But it isn’t completely my fault, my baby has to go to sleep a little earlier too.
7. I won’t shout. Yes, sometimes I shout a lot. Be careful! Don’t put this in your mouth! Don’t, don’t, don’t!
I’m still trying. I think I have made some progress, but many times it is inevitable.
8. I will spend less time on the Internet. Ok, I’m laughing while I’m writing that. We all know this isn’t going to happen.
Contrary to what others may see, I think I spend less time in front of the computer. I check a lot of things on my mobile (even during the night when I wake up for the baby), but it’s only at night that I do most of the work.
9. I will try to be better. A better mum, better daughter, better blogger. A better me!
It’s so hard to be a good mum! Being a parent requires so much time, patience, tolerance. I wish when my kids are old to think of me as a good mum.
No, I’m not a good daughter, I don’t spend much time with my dad and I’m always mad at my mum.
About blogging, lately I can’t even find time to sit down and answer the comments on my blog and it’s something I really like doing.
10. I will concentrate on one thing. I usually do many things together, so maybe nothing is perfect at the end.